Terms & Conditions
- Registration: Registration is complete only upon successful receipt of payment in full.
- Payment Methods: If you are unable to pay by credit card, contact us about sending a cheque or money order. Registration is not confirmed until the payment is successfully deposited. A receipt will be emailed at that time.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund minus $300 for any cancellations no later than 4 weeks before the first day of the course. No refunds for cancellations less than 4 weeks before the course. On rare occasions it may be possible to offer a partial refund if another person is able to take the cancellation spot on short notice but this is NOT guaranteed.
- Course Cancellation: PoCUS East reserves the right to cancel programming for any reason. In the unlikely event that the course must be cancelled, a full refund will be issued. All other expenses incurred on behalf of the participants are at their own risk.
- If a course is cancelled for any reason, registrants will be offered first refusal for placement in the next available course. Acceptance of placement in the next available course will be considered an alternative to full refund of cancelled course fees.
- Waitlist: once a specific course date has reached its capacity for registrations PoCUS East will create a Waitlist for individuals interested in those specific course dates. In the event of a participant cancellation, names on the Waitlist will be contacted to fill the open space before public notification of the vacancy. Vacancies will be filled on a “first come” basis.
- Is Certification guaranteed?Unfortunately, there is always a chance that a participant will fail the retake of an exam or not obtain all the needed scans to qualify for certification with CPoCUS. If the instructors do not feel a participant is safe and competent to perform the applications they will recommend additional training be obtained at a later date. This is extremely rare, as our instructors work diligently to identify those needing extra assistance and when necessary spend additional time addressing individual challenges.
- Collection of Personal Information: PoCUS East collects personal information from course participants for the express purpose of providing our course material and communications related to our courses. We do not share this information with any person or entity other than: the EDE Course (edecourse.com) for the purpose of access to pre-course materials; and the Canadian Point of Care Ultrasound Society (www.cpocus.ca) for the purpose of certification. Participants will be added to the PoCUS East mailing list for future communications. Participants can request to have their names removed from the mailing list at anytime. PoCUS East endeavours to protect the privacy and security of all personal information.
Last updated: December 12, 2019